Irvine Valley College offers currently enrolled students and all staff members Wi-Fi access while on campus.
If you have a Wi-Fi enabled device, you can access the Internet from most locations on campus.
You will need to use your college email address and email password to login.
By logging into the Irvine Valley College WiFi Network, you are entering into a binding agreement to adhere to the SOCCCD's Electronic Communiations Administrative Regulation (South Orange County Community College District's Administrative Regulation 4000.2)
How do I connect to Wi-Fi with an:
On your Android Phone or Device Wi-Fi Settings
Select the appropriate Network Name from the list of available networks.
Available Networks are:
IVCW_STAFF if you are a staff member
IVCW_STUDENT if you are a currently Enrolled Student
Once selected it will prompt you to enter your Identity and Password.
Use your College Email Address and Email Password, you may need to scroll down to see the password field.
NOTE: Some devices have an "Anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
Ensure that CA Certificate indicates (Unspecified) or (Do not validate)
If successful, you should see it shows "Connected" under IVCW_STUDENT.
Once connected you can start surfing.
In the bottom right corner of your screen locate and click on the WiFi icon.
Check “Connect Automatically” box and click “Connect” button
For your username and password, use your College Email Address and Email Password.
A “Continue connecting?” prompt may appear. Immediately click on “Connect”.
Complete the following steps to connect your Chromebook to the student wireless network.
1. On the top right‐hand side of the Chromebook desktop, click the Network button, and then
select the ENABLE Wi‐Fi option.
2. The Wi‐Fi button will replace the Network button.
3. Right click the Wi‐Fi button.
4. A list of available wireless networks will appear. Select IVCW_STUDENT or IVCW_STAFF.
5. The Join Wi‐Fi network window will appear.
6. In the Join Wi‐Fi network window, select the following settings:
a. EAP method: PEAP
b. Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
c. Server CA certification: Default
7. In the Identity box, enter your University Computing Account username.
8. In the Password box, enter your University Computing Account password.
9. Deselect the Save identity and password checkbox.
10. Click the Connect button.